Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Child and Their Playtime

So Mama's what is your take on child play? My daughter is only 7 months old, and she can already play alone. It is certainly fun to see her discover new things and interact with her toys. A welcome relief as well, knowing that I can make lunch,  put laundry in, or just relax without having to entertain her at the same time. However, I want to make sure I am giving her "face time" each day. Lately I have been spending time with her outside in the mornings. I'll read on the porch why she bounces away in her ExerSaucer. I try and read with her at least once a day, and make a daily effort to sit and interact/play with her.
I have heard many moms simply include their child in their daily activities. Example: If folding laundry, have the baby on the floor and involve them in the task. Throw a shirt over them and play peek-a-boo. Sing. Talk..etc.Some moms I'm sure spend time playing,dancing, singing, coloring, painting, swimming,running....with their kids. Other moms have a great balance. They involve their children in productive activities, and also spend time playing with them each day.What is your method?
Keeping in mind that some independent playtime is a GREAT thing for children. It allows them to create, discover, and entertain themselves. So how do you balance your time with your kids?
*Eden loves spending time with her Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment