Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Balancing Act

In my last post, I reminded you all to squeeeeeze in some time for yourself each day. However, I would severely miss the mark if I did not add to that. As a wife, and a mother you have a significant role in your family. Sure you do laundry, cook, clean etc. But, more importantly you love and take care of your child(ren). You help shape who they are, and who they will become. However, you can't do that on your own. You need your spouse, and you need God.
God must always come first in your life. This is a huge challenge for me. Since Eden arrived, my time with the Lord has been scarce. So I challenge you, as well as myself, start your day with God. This is even more important than time for yourself. God is the one that gives strength to the weak, hope to the hopeless. Through His strength, you can tackle the challenges of each day. God can help you be the godly wife, and mother you need to be. Remember, each day you are being watched by your kids. You are their role model. What do you want them to model? Anger, frustration, lack of patience, selfishness? No, I don't think so...What about love, patience, kindness, gentleness, self-control. Yes, I think we could all live with this list! Dare I say, THRIVE on this list! You see just as you want your kids to model you, our heavenly Father wants us to model Him. With the power of His Spirit we can love our kids, be patient with our kids, be kind to our kids, and the list goes on!God is our ultimate strength in life! With Him all things are possible!
After God is in His rightful spot, consider your husband. When is the last time you spent quality time together,without the kids? The relationship between a husband and wife should be guarded well! Before there were little ones, it was just the 2 of you, and in 20 + years it will again just be the 2 of you. It is so easy to get wrapped up in the every day life of parenthood, that you forget to fuel the romance, and grow your relationship. ( I know I only have 1 child currently, but I can already see how much time is given over to her. This will only multiply with more children I presume. ) So whether it's a 30 minute walk once a week, a date night, or simply putting your phones and lap tops away, and sitting on the couch to re-hash and discuss how you are both doing. If you have to pencil it in on your to-do list! DO IT! God created the family, yes that's true...but He also created the institution of marriage. This relationship you share with your spouse is to emulate the relationship God has for His people, the church! God has sacrificed so much to have a relationship with you. Will you take the hint? Invest your heart into your marriage, and I promise you God will bless it!
Sooo...How are you doing with this balancing act? Remember God always comes first, then your husband, your family...and then time for yourself! God knows your deepest needs and desires. Trust Him with your heart! Give Him your first fruits, He knows more than anyone when you need a "break".


*My husband  Mark is such a wonderful spouse and  Father! He  has taken care of Eden many time when I've needed breaks . Sneaking in time alone can be  tough, but  we  are committed to each other, and  we desire to have a strong marriage. We are not perfect   by any means. I hope you all know that  I have not "arrived". I  still have  so much to learn when it comes to balancing all the things on my plate. Be encouraged, you are not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment