Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Everything in Moderation

There is never a dull moment while raising a child. Whether it's them becoming mobile, teething, advancing to solids, talking, walking etc. Children are ever changing. Just ask any middle aged adult. They will tell you they still think of their grown up children, as wee little ones. They can't believe how much time has past! My mom often reminds me of what I was like as little child. Always happy, and singing about just about ANYTHING. Running around in my "spinny dresses",as I called them.
Each new stage has its ups and downs. My daughter is now into the "crying anytime someone leaves the room" stage. This is not my favorite. At first, I thought it was cute that she missed me. Now I can't seem to get much done, when she is awake. I have discovered that she likes VeggieTails! I can often distract her for at bit while I eat my breakfast. However, I don't want her to watch too much TV. I'm not sure if I have to worry about that at this age,she gets distracted too easily to watch longer than 5-10 minutes or so. But what's your take on it? I think it's ok in moderation. Maybe just as a part of our morning. Is it a part of your daily routine? Do you only watch it on the weekends, or for special occasions?

No comments:

Post a Comment