Friday, July 6, 2012

Just 1 More Thing...

I have been thinking a lot lately about house cleaning. I have never been super great at it. I often fall very behind on cleaning, and picking up after myself and my little one. There are just some chores that never seem  to get done. Sure laundry gets done pretty much everyday around here, and I am constantly changing diapers, picking up toys, and putting dishes by the sink (eventually they will get washed!). However, things like scrubbing the bathroom, vacuuming, sweeping, moping..etc seldom get done. I am embarrassed to share that, but it is the honest truth. So when do you fit in the chores that you don't want to do, or that you feel always get left until they are just GROSS!?
I am taking a new approach to cleaning. Sure at the end of my life, I'll be more thankful for the people I have built relationships with, than if my house was neat and tidy all the time. But, a clean and de-cluttered house is also a very welcoming place for others! So there needs to be a balance. I can't let all chores go for the sake of relaxing and spending time with others. 
So in my house things pile up rather quickly ( how does this happen!? :)...So by the time I get around to cleaning things I am completely overwhelmed. So my idea is NOT to tackle all the chores in one crazy day, and then wait a month to do them all over again. It is simply this: "I can always do 1 more thing" (OR I can always add just 1 more thing to my To-do list today)...Whether it's spending 2 minutes to wipe the dirty bathroom sink that I keep looking at and thinking "man, I need to clean that", or taking 5 minutes to vacuum one room in the house. The BIG list of chores can easily be obliterated If I decide to NOT let it get so big. Sure it all sounds good it theory, but it will take daily discipline to make it happen. 

We all have our lists. There are little to-do's and big to-do's....So how do you tackle your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment